Windy and I have been exchanging our views at my previous post,Let the Rule of Law Prevail, over the publicized hospital arrest of the former Philippine President, Gloria Macapagal- Arroyo. Being a Malaysian, I was surprised that he knows a helluva lot more about the economic and political issues besetting my very own country, LOL!
Being so well versed with the Asian political setting, I don’t question Windy’s intellectual capacity in weighing the various facets of politics and more. In fact, I would often tease him that he better be the President of the Philippines to alleviate the lives of the Filipino people.
So what has it got to do with eating balut?
Windy has it that IF…
- he ever became the President of the Philippines, his first Presidential Decree would be to BAN THE STINKING BALUT THROUGHOUT THE MOTHERLAND.
- he ever became a lawyer of the Filipino people, he would have every Filipino sign a sworn writ that they will NEVER EAT THE STINKING BALUT.
The demerits of the disgusting Balut:
- It has a very high Cholesterol content and is one of the primary causes for a high incidence of high blood pressure and heart problems amongst young Filipinos.
- Its pong is worse than the celebrated German stink bomb.
- It is the cause for unwanted pregnancies in the Philippines.
- The Filipinos must have a mindset change and not believe that because they are poor, they have to eat stink.
So it is written, so it is done.
Note: Balut is fertilized duck embryo that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell (Wikipedia).