From the first day I knew my boyfriend, I am already aware how much he loves his Mum. That’s what endeared me to him all the more because I’ve always believed that you will know what treatment you will get from guys just by the way they treat their mothers. For a number of times that I was able to talk with Mummy Carol, I feel so at ease. She’s a second mother to me. I am always looking forward to meeting her one of these days. I want to see her big smile again and hear her very cheerful voice. She loves to watch sports especially when her and my bf’s team plays. And just like me, she’s yelling, jumping and even swearing while she’s cheering for her favorite team, hehe!
If there’s one thing that I kept asking the Lord for since Monday before going to bed, that is for Mummy Carol’s health and speedy recovery. This is the best gift she will ever receive on her birthday next week.
I received an email from my beautiful cousin on April 7, 2006. I was moved so much by this that I decided to keep it in my mailbox. I think it perfectly fits on the celebration of Mother’s Day. Please read on… This is a truly BEAUTIFUL piece. Please read this at a slow pace, digesting every word and in leisure…do not hurry….this is a treasure…
For those lucky to still be blessed with your Mom, this is beautiful. For those of us who aren’t, this is even more beautiful. For those who are moms, you’ll love this.
The young mother set her foot on the path of life. “Is this the long way?” she asked. And the guide said: “Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning.”
But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, and gathered flowers for them along the way, and bathed them in the clear streams; and the sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, “Nothing will ever be lovelier than this.”
Then the night came, and the storm, and the path was dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her mantle, and the children said, “Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come.”
And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children,” A little patience and we are there.” So the children climbed, and when they reached the top they said, “Mother, we could not have done it without you.”
And the mother, when she lay down at night looked up at the stars and said, “This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned fortitude in the face of hardness. Yesterday I gave them courage. Today, I’ve given them strength.”
And the next day came strange clouds which darkened the earth, clouds of war and hate and evil, and the children gropedand stumbled, and the mother said: “Look up. Lift your eyes to the light.” And the children looked and saw above the clouds an everlasting glory, and it guided them beyond the darkness. And that night the Mother said, “This is the best day of all, for I have shown my children God.”
And the days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she was little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And when the way was rough, they lifted her, for she was as light as a feather; and at last they came to a hill, and beyond they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide. And the mother said, “I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk alone, and their children after them.”
And the children said, “You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates.” And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her.
And they said: “We cannot see her but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence…….” Your Mother is always with you…. She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street; she’s the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks; she’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not well. Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she’s crystallized in every tear drop. She’s the place you came from, your first home; and she’s the map you follow with every step you take. She’s your first love and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space… not even death!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS especially to my Mamang Dearie and to Mummy Carol, my Mahal’s Mum. We are planning on watching a movie tomorrow. Hope she won’t sleep and snore inside the movie house, hehehe!
Today is a red-letter day for me and my prince. The day started out perfect. When I opened my eyes at 6:30 a.m., I immediately checked on my mobile phone. My heart leaped with happiness when I saw my Sayang’s face. I then checked on the special message he has for me. Like all his other messages, I saw my full name there with one of the many names he gave me. “Happy 16 months Mahal Ko! Mahal na Mahal Kita Mrs. Lainy Mae McCrea!” The day went on with me feeling in cloud 9. Since his Australian cellphone was damaged, he couldn’t call me as he usually do when this day comes. I told him last night I’m the one who’s going to call him on homephone since Smart roaming deactivates calls. He will have his new phone tomorrow.
Hearing my Prince’ voice is another heaven! I think it always feels like this when one is inlove, hehe! Anywayss we are both happy we have come this far amidst distance and separation. I have always felt his sincerity and his love, and everyhting that he does to make me feel so loved and special. There has always been a comfortable sense of security knowing that he is never far from me, that MY MAHAL is always there for me at all times. Thats what keeps me strong, that is what always keeps me holding on…
Now that I’m back, I will try my very best to visit you all. Have a great weekend!
I got tagged by Pretty Nancy. Thanks so much, girl!
I have practically lived all my life here in GenSan. I am not a nomadic type of person and I am not a jetsetter, either, hehe! I am not surprised at all with the grade D I got from Lakbayan.
Now I would like to know from Cheerful, Gles, Ate Bing, & Mummy Sheng how much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!
Add your links here:
1) mind bubbles, 2) may, 3) VANITY KIT, 4) SOMETHING PURPLE, 5.) A DETOUR, 6)JUST THE WAY IT IS…,7)PEACEFUL MIND, 8) LAINY’S MUSINGS, 9. OUR JOURNEY TO FOREVER, 10. (Your Link Here!)
The rose has always been valued for its beauty and has a long history of symbolism. The ancient Greeks and Romans identified the rose with their goddesses of love referred to as Aphrodite and Venus.
Caguioa’s efforts paid off as well as the new import’, Chris Alexander. The 7 foot 1 center was a workhorse on both ends of the court. He debuted with 18 points, season-high 27 rebounds and 6 blocks.
My heart has been bleeding for 5 games and this time around, I was practically shouting and jumping with glee, haha!
JJ Helterbrand’s efforts is also commendable. He finished with 24 points.
1. Nursing Informatics. Medical career is still leading the way. But it is sad to know that it lacks computerization. This is where Nursing Informatics comes in. They prevent medical errors with the use of digital record-keeping devices.
2. Experience Designer. This job makes marketing and merchandising really inviting to keep customers flocking in. They choose the best colors and designs in shopping stores to create the ultimate shopping experience. They are paid for their skills $60, 000/ year.
3. Viral Marketers. This job creates products with multimedia design training through word-of-mouth. They earn an average of $80, 000.
4. Bloggers. Oh yeah! We, bloggers are now being recognized as the #4 emerging career! Isn’t it great? We are being paid for writing of the things we love. The world can now read what’s working up in our heads. Top bloggers can earn up to 6 figures. Some can even make it up to millions. Super WOW for them!
5. HVACR Technicians. “HVACR” or heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration is very in demand these days. It is not new. But those people who has the know how in the much advanced HVACR can earn up to $35, 000 up to the triple digits.
6. Carbon Management Consultant. This may sound like a jon in a mining company but you are wrong. They are usually MBA degree holders. They help businesses reduce carbon footprint to help the envionment. They earn $60, 000-$100, 000 while making the world a safer and a better place to live in.
7. International Logistics Manager. They have a degree in logistics or supply chain management. Since most companies operate internationally, they always make sure that products and materials are transported safely, on the deadline set and within the budget range. They are very well paid for their international experience with roughly $60, 000/ year.
8. Conservation Scientists. They were once called “forest rangers”. These environmental jobs is one of the fastest growing, but there is more to protecting the flora and fauna than preventing forest fires. They earn an average of $56, 000 annually.
9. Welders. This is a technical job thats growing hotter and hotter more than ever. I can attest to that because even here in the Philippines, students in technical schools taking up welding are flocking. Those who are willing to travel can earn $50 an hour.
10. Personal Chef. They are chefs for hired. They don’t want to work in restaurants. They are being hired to cook your dinner and this career is one of the fastest groeing in the culinary field.
You too can set the pace in these emerging career. We now lead the way in blogging. What are you waiting for? Be one of us and help us make the future exciting and promising!
When the PBA All Filipino Conference commenced in March, I got very excited. I will get to see Barangay Ginebra Kings play again. My all-time favorite team. But to my dismay, they are still winless up to this time. The only team of 10 who has played 5 games and wasn’t able to get a single win. They have 2 heartbreaking wins and I commend Mark Caguioa for all his efforts. He is doing everything for the team. He is making all the impossible things happen. But basketball is not a one-man game. It should be a team effort and all 5-players in the court, including the relievers, should get themselves involved.
I am positive that the Gin Kings will soon get their most coveted first win in the first round of the All-Filipino Conference.